Policies

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Audiobook Review: Dream Doctor: Dreams, Book 2

Dream Doctor: Dreams, Book 2
Author: J.J. DiBendetto
Narrator: Heather Jane Hogan
Unabridge, 11 hrs, 6 min
Publisher: James J. DiBendetto 
Audio release date: 10/2/13
 Book Description 
 
“I didn’t expect to be woken up by someone I don’t know dreaming about killing somebody. I thought I was done with that once and for all…”

But Sara’s not done with it. As if adjusting to life as a newlywed and starting medical school weren’t difficult enough, she’s started seeing the dreams of everyone around her, again. Before everything is said and done, those dreams might destroy Sara’s hopes of becoming a doctor, wreck her marriage and even end her life…

“Dream Doctor” is the thrilling second novel in the Dreams series©2013.

 James DiBenedetto (P)2013 James DiBenedetto. 

My Thoughts:

Dream Doctor, the second book in the Dreams series, begins about a year and a half after Dream Student.  Sara and Brian are now married and Sara is very busy with medical school.  The dreams have begun again.  More than one person is dreaming about killing the unpopular professor, Dr. Morris.   And Sara is seeing the dreams of people who are close to her - friends, classmates and family.  Being newly married, she wants to tell Brian everything but has to learn to keep the secrets of those whose dreams she sees.  Keeping the details of her dreams to herself is good practice. After all, a doctor's duty is to keep patient information private.  But she doesn't have to keep the dreams of the potential killer to herself and Brian makes a great partner in helping to solve the mystery.  I love the combination of romance, college life and mystery.  I can see how Sara is maturing as a person and future doctor. 

I do have one nit picky thing that bothered me.  Sara is intelligent and a college student.  She should know the "I and you" grammar rule (e.g. "following Brian and I" instead of "following Brian and me").  

Heather Jane Hogan has a nice voice and I enjoyed her performance except for her pace.  Again, as in Dream Student, I had to speed it up.  Her slow pace might not bother other listeners as it does sound dreamy. I'm glad my audiobook app has the option to listen faster.  

Dream Doctor can stand on it's own but is a great sequel to Dream Student.  I recommend the series to anyone who likes a bit of romance along with the mystery.

Review copy provided by James J. DiBendetto, author and publisher

 


No comments:

Post a Comment